Thursday, March 26, 2009

Today's Rant

So I've been watching Ted talks on my computer and many have been totally absorbing (like the first one I watched, Julie Taymor, don't laugh, it was AMAZING), some have been mildly irritating (that fat guy who plays "PC" on the Apple commercials; why does he deserve this lecture?), but none have been so I-want-to-shred-my-brain-out PRETENTIOUS and RIDICULOUS (NOT in a good way) as the one I just watched. I HATE ARCHITECTURE!!!!  This woman described this $10 million temporary "pavillion" that basically did what Fun Box did with two borrowed fog machines, a tarp, and a rinky-dink gallery room. She talked about her buildings/projects in a voice just oozing with self-congratulation. Ted have you forsaken me!

PS Sorry fruit stand cat you have to absorb the dark phoenix that I am trying to exorcise as my new years resolution.

No comments: