Monday, December 14, 2009

Poland

We got a rideshare from a man who looked like the Polish Bill Murray. He drove very aggresively; I think I had a thousand mini heart attacks on the road not to mention lots of inadvertant flinching. He did however get us to Krakow in five hours. I forgot my passport, oops! Open borders EU etc good thing.
It snowed the entire time. I did a lot of wandering. There was a church with really nice wallpaper or whatnot, and a fake shroud of turin. Also I ate really good pierogi, saw lots of animal costume pagan ritual type ethnology stuffs, and papercraft, and a castle, and a dragon breathing fire. Oh yeah and Auschwitz. Nothing to be said about the subject except afterwards I couldn't look anyone in the eye. Being there felt like punishment that I couldn't complain about since at least I wasn't about to be gassed.

No comments: