Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I never really tried thrift store shopping in NYC

but it's actually quite fulfilling. You just have to quit thinking about large, sprawling, Savers/Thrift Town/Unique style stores. I did a Gramercy/Chelsea run and it was good: woolly huge shawl thing to go over my winter coat, fox fur, ski hood, sequined old lady style "fancy dress", pinstripe cotton oversize tote that I think is the exact same one Liz uses on her weekend trips, a paperback copy of Aunt Julia & the Scriptwriter.  To round out my shopping spree: Ritter sport, $1 basil (for Thai eggplant), and a large grapefruit. Oh yeah and a Thanksgiving appropriate dress kind of on the more than affordable side. Oh and they had Martin Margiela at Housing Works.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wha? do we have matching circa 1991 bags?