Friday, June 27, 2008

Furniture is such a drag.

Weekly recap:

Monday: I don't remember what I did whatsoever. Oh yeah, I worked on those accursed puppet costumes while listening to Radio Lab, which I've gotten heavily into since finishing the last of the old C2C MP3s.  Perhaps I should subscribe again. 

Tuesday: I worked in Oakland for Larry. I did finishing work on costumes, made a wig of hair for the witch puppet out of lavendar yarn, painted and covered in fur the head of an animatronic cat, etc. Oh yeah, I must have made vegan enchiladas on Monday because I remember coming home after work and being so tired I just started eating out of the giant casserole dish.

Wednesday: I had fun day plans with Stewart & Ryan that involved thrift stores and reverse bleach tie dye but they were foiled when Kelli woke me up with an 8am call for a last-minute stylist's assistant job at PBK. It was on location, for a Christmas shoot, and slightly stressful as they always are. Some things I did: gift wrapped tiny little fake boxes (cut from pieces of cardboard) to put in a felt tree shaped advent calendar, covered candles in red paper, painted some paper mache deer, glittering (the most awful part, it got EVERYWHERE). Then me and Aurora took the BART to the (OMG cringe) "Huffin House" where Dimples the band was playing. There were lots of peeps there and it was fun but it kind of felt like  a stage set for a movie about an impressionable young art school freshman at a "wild" "warehouse" "party" "show". Then I slept over at Ryans, oh, we watched Zardoz a bit first.

Thursday: I woke up late but still very tired and gave Stewart a hair wrap. We got big salads in Berkeley and walked around and purchased a lot of sci fi novels from a man on the street. We picked the best covers which included a dragon coming out of a cosmic egg & a robotic dolphin.
We went to the Asian mall which was SO disappointing, because we wanted those Korean fish ice cream things but everything was Chinese. Then we went to this other part of Berkeley to get frozen yogurt. The best part was that they had fake pink berry flavor. We "strolled" and stole succulents. Then we came back to SF and went to Jack's for karaoke. I sang:
Bohemian Rhapsody with Travis
Crazy in Love with Dave
It was so super fun! sexy crazy party! I danced a lot and drank two Salty Dogs which is a LOT for me. Afterwards we went to Mike's and played Ratscrew with some seriously secret alpha-type aggro competitive types, which took all the fun out of it. We also played Police Sketch Artist. The criminals were:
Kobe Bryant
Matthew Mc Conoghay
Rosie O Donnell
I went to bed past 3am (Ryan and Stewart kept talking, those irritants) and woke up again at 8 to move the car and I JUST COULD NOT GET TO SLEEP AGAIN so I got up, meanwhile Stewart is snoozing away in my bed. !!!!!!!!
Do people really just get away with little amounts of sleep, day after day? It really affects me, I mean it's given me headaches two days in a row.


No comments: